There are 2 kinds of questions in TOEFL writing section “Integration” and “free” questions. Today, I am going to leave my note about integration task, which I studied in school today to help you guys!.
- First, you have to read a passage within 3 minutes. you should take a note about main point and details of reading.
- Then listen to the lecture. It has 2-3 minutes and also you should take a note.
- Write your response. Summarize the lecture and explain how it related to the reading.
I give you some useful phrases which you can use in your beginning of essay below.
- The lecture addresses the [MAIN POINT OF READING] by saying [MAIN POINT OF LECTURE] .
- The lecture contradicts the [MAIN POINT OF READING] by showing [MAIN POINT OF LECTURE] .
- The lecture challenges the [MAIN POINT OF READING] by defining [MAIN POINT OF LECTURE] .
(You can choose appropriate verb in the green)
Additionally I leave my essay as a sample response, which I have written today. But I can’t show you the reading and listening questions. I know my essay is terrible but we should write something as much as possible in this section!
The lecture contradicts the reading by giving some bad results which are based on her 19 years experience as a teacher. She says that “block scheduling”, which is an educational reform does not work especially for teenagers.
The reading mainly mentions that “block scheduling” is a valuable educational reform because it has 90 minutes of class hence student can spend more time on the same subject.
By contrast, the experienced teacher shows the disadvantages by giving her terrible experiences. She says that the biggest problem of having the reform is that students do not have enough attention to participate in a 90 minutes of class. It is too long for teenagers. For instance, they cant work efficiently in a group work. As a result, they tend to get lower score on exams since the reform has been held.